Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Why Are We Doing This???

Why are we out there walking or jogging in the dark?  Why are we getting up in the wee hours of the morning for torture?  What made us think that we could loose 5, 10, 20, or more pounds?  What were we thinking???

It's not easy and results aren't immediate.  Some weeks are better than others.  Some days are better than others.  The weight didn't go on all at once.  It went on one bite at a time.  It's going to come off one step at a time, one plank at a time, and one flight of stairs at a time.  Yesterday I was looking at everybody's weigh-in results.  I see that I'm not even close to having the highest percentage lost, but then I didn't start this program to beat somebody else.  It was a selfish reason.  I started it for me.  I've been thinking ahead to a year from now.  Will I keep moving forward?  I know that I CAN but WILL I?  We'll see.  The program will end just before the Thanksgiving and Christmas "food season".  That will be my test.

It's not how fast we go.  It's that we are going.  I've had some good weeks and some OK weeks.  If every week were an OK week it would be a GREAT year.  We're all out there working at it.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Each and every one of us can win.  It's not over until it's over, and it's never over.

5 comments:

  1. Well said Dave. I thought about how long it took me to put on this much weight and that it was going to be a long haul -- a life long haul to lose and maintain. I think we will all look at our holiday season a lot different this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

    -John "Bluto" Blutarsky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said - keep your eye on the prize!

    ReplyDelete