Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 1 on Day2

The day started off unlike any other.  I needed to be up at 5:00 am.  In my opinion it is not the morning until the sun rises.  So being the non-morning person that I am pulled my self out of bed.  I am told this will get easier as the program continues.  I go and take my shower as I normally do. (Who wants to smell before working out.)  I get dressed in my shorts and nice black shirt provided by the program.  Put on my brand new running shoes that I purchased at the 3 Rivers Running Company.
On my way to Spiece, I started to develop a feeling of dread and uncertainty.  Mainly because I have no idea what laid in front of me.  So the day began pretty easily, walked around the basketball courts and was challenged by Dick to walk to the corners of the court and not round them.  Challenge accepted.  I was doing pretty good until about the 5th lap when the shin splints started in my right leg.  See, I was in San Francisco at the end of June attending a conference and got them pretty bad while I was there as well.  I didn't notice them before but back to the workout.  While walking Matt a contestant from season 9 of Fort Wayne's Smallest Winners starts walking with me.  He starts telling me his story about how he lost 122.8 pounds in the 15 weeks.  I instantly start to think that this program will make a huge difference in me, literally.  I was thinking I would lose like 50 pounds and that would be the end of it.  Nope!  I am aiming to meet that goal, granted he had 3 extra weeks than me but I am going to try my best to make it.

Going through the work outs and stretches and they didn't seem to bad and then we started on high knees marching sideways.  I was feeling the burn and stretching before then but that was intense.  I am not talking intense as in writhing in pain unable to move but I was working muscles that have not been worked in some time.  We end the workout with a prayer and I headed home to shower and then to work.

I was exhausted by the end of the night and I get to do a timed mile the next morning.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally went and talked to EJ about the pain. We need to keep you healthy.

    ReplyDelete