Thursday, December 7, 2017

To those of you who commented below or responded outside the blog, thank you! It seems there are at least a few of us who want to restart our journey where we left off to regain some new momentum on the path of healthy living.

Maybe a co-lunch would work for our first regroup.

In the form of a personal update, I have refocused on meal prep for lunches this week and last night around 8:00pm I made the decision to go to Spiece. This is the first time in a gym in months for me for physical activity. It wasn't much, but a start nonetheless. I met one of the new evening crew at the desk. He confirmed alumni memberships are still being offered at $44/month with a $15 initiation fee. I will be signing up Friday or Saturday!

My activity for the night was to play basketball on my own just to get back to moving actively again. Ended up playing somewhat aggressively, draining a lot of shots, chasing the ball. This lasted a whole hour! As I was ready to be done, I lunged to run for the ball after it ricocheted off the rim toward the corner of the court and wound up pulling my left tweaking my left hamstring and by then my right knee was bothering me with a slightly sharp pain.

The best part of it all was I saw my commitment had been re-upped, and now my goal is to work toward hitting the "century" mark of 100 lbs lost. This goal, once achieved, will put me below the 200 lb mark for the first time since about 10th grade! I don't care if it takes another year or so, this is now mine to own.

For those of you who have decided to re-engage, give us an update and watch for an invitation to lunch sometime soon.

Blessings,
Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment