Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Friends, peace is found at the moment of confession and the Lord has been dealing with me on the theme of self discipline lately. This is very exciting to me because having some conversations with some of you recently, I know I am not alone. One area I need more discipline in - again - is nourishing and exercising my body.

If you are like me and have reversed course to some degree over the past few months and have been frustrated and considering getting back on track in the realm of wellness, let me be the first to welcome you back with open arms!

I believe all of us would agree that one of the greatest things about the BMSW 3 program was the sense of camaraderie we had and the relationships that developed over that amazing 12 weeks. A few of us have been talking about the need to recommit to our former WHY's that originally compelled us to apply to the program and endure that intense period of time to move past our excuses. This morning, I was reminded of this, slightly redacted, passage of Scripture:

"My dear friends, if you know people who have wandered off... don’t write them off. Go after them. Get them back and you will have rescued precious lives from destruction and prevented an epidemic of wandering away..." (James 5:19-20, The Message)

To all who are ready to step back on the path and reap the benefits of great health, I encourage you to comment below and say, "I'm in!" Once it seems we have all the responses we're going to get, we'll schedule a time to come together for a relaunch.

Not saying it has to be with the same intensity of a 6-day workout and Monday night class, but we will ask for and expect some measure of commitment to logging in MFP, blogging, and reporting on progress toward goals.

We'll work the details out as we go, but for now I am simply interested in finding out who is tired of being tired, sick of being sick, and absolutely not willing to go back on the hunt to reclaim previously donated clothes. If you're ready to go at it again with me, leaving our excuses in the dust to experience the amazing benefits we once knew, declare it below.

Bless you all,
Gavin

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I began re-reading my first few blog posts. If you need any motivation before giving your, "I'm in!" reply, I highly encourage you to re-read yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! I have been wanting an accountability group so this is AWESOME! Thanks for stepping up Gavin!

    ReplyDelete