Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Psalm 91

Psalm 91:
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

What a well timed devotional to hit my phone today.

Today is the day for my girlfriend Kris.

She said her phone rang in the middle of the night with the news - they had a heart for her. She underwent more blood tests and it's a match. She is in surgery right now.

Amazing.

I find it absolutely amazing they can transfer the heart (with anti-rejection meds) into a new body! She is experiencing a whole realm of emotions. My husband and I drove up Sunday to visit her and witness her wedding in the hospital. Married Sunday. New heart Tuesday. What a week!!!!

Thank you Lord that I had the opportunity to pray with her prior to surgery. We cried together on the phone. Shared our thoughts and love for each other. A moment in time I will never forget!

My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.

God has her in his hands. I have no doubt in that fact.

Please Lord - let us never take for granted the heart beating in us and the ability to change our lives and regain our health. I see her strength as she is wheeled into surgery for the CHANCE to regain her health. Her health for health is dependent on someone donating their heart to her. What a price to be paid. The donor was told they found a match that needed his/her heart - they were still alive. I just cry thinking of the bittersweet moment that had to be.

We have a chance to regain our health - WITHOUT - open heart surgery.
Grab and cherish this chance!
Don't waste it - No excuses!

Thank you God for all of the blessings you provide. You alone are AMAZING!



1 comment:

  1. Amen. God is our strength and our fortress. Thanks for sharing about your friend's surgery. I pray it goes well.

    ReplyDelete