Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Fiber: Read at your own risk

So the title is Fiber: Read at your own risk and I mean at.  If you find how the body reacts and don't like what might be said skip this entry.  


Beans beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot.  Maybe it should be the more you eat the more you go to the bathroom.  Between the gallon of water and fiber in my diet I seem to use the restroom much more.  

Jen is a great nutritionist and is helping us out and I thank her for it.  One of the things she tells me that I need to improve is my fiber intake.  The recommended amount of fiber is 35 grams a day.  I averaged about 14/day last week.

The problem is I don't know if I want that much fiber on a daily basis.  Have you ever needed a colonoscopy before.  I have and that much fiber is about the same effects as the medicine you need to prep.  I know, I know eww too much information or thats disgusting.  I warned you twice to skip this entry because of content or lack there of depending on your opinion.


6 comments:

  1. LOL - love it! we always had more lines in the song: beans, beans, the musical fruit. the more you eat the more you toot. the more you toot the better you feel. that's why we have beans at every meal LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh Adam! Increase it GRADUALLY (that applies to anyone reading this that may need more fiber as well). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as one who has had a colonoscopy, trust me, I doubt if you could come close to eating enough fiber to equal the medicine they give you to "get you going". Still, you could try. What's the worst that could happen? Well, never mind. Forget I said anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the laugh Dave. Yeah I remember the night of a 1000 waterfalls and it was not pleasant.

      Delete
  4. I need to become a master bean dish chef! Not a fan of what is in some of the prepackaged stuff. Recipes anyone?

    ReplyDelete