Thursday, September 1, 2016

Black Plums and Green Seedless Grapes Are My New Favorite Snacks!

Well gang, today was my first visit with Gretchen at Summit PT. I went to our after experiencing pain beneath both of my knees over the past couple of days, especially when jogging and climbing stairs. She was great and after answering a whole series of questions, she gave me four exercises to do before our follow-up appointment next Tuesday. Who would have known that the cause of my knee pain might not be anything to do with my knees themselves, rather weakness in one of the four quad muscles and my hip muscles? Well I didn't, but that is her theory at this point. That said, I now have my own personal stretchy band to play with!

I am continually amazed at all the wonderful complexities God built into our bodies. He is nothing short of the most masterful craftsman the world will ever know, and that is exactly what I was admiring about Him this morning while getting cleaned up from our workout.

For now, I am going to take jogging and stairs really easy (if at all) until I strengthen the muscles that make my knees pain free. Besides, if - as we have been taught - 80% of our weight loss result truly is based on our eating habits, I am declaring right now that black plums and green seedless grapes are now my #1 and #2 favorite snack foods!

I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. 
I’m giving it everything I’ve got. No sloppy living for me! 
I’m staying alert and in top condition. 

I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else 
all about it and then missing out myself.
1 Corinthians 9:26-27 (AMP)

I pray each of you make the very most of your long weekend and have an amazing result come Tuesday night!

Blessings,
Gavin


No comments:

Post a Comment