Monday, August 8, 2016

Dear Diet Coke, It's not you its me...

I know it's been two weeks since we last got together. I should have had the courage to reach out before now. I apologize for my cowardice. To be honest I wasn't sure if I could say goodbye.

I want you to know it's not you its me. When I say that it's not a nice way of saying your hideous and I don't want to see you anymore. You're delicious, crisp and refreshing. When I see you in an ice cold bottle it screams refreshment. To be honest I don't know if this is forever but I can't promise the same type of commitment I had going forward. Maybe we can see each other every now and then. Have a little fun. Relive the good times. There were so many good times. We will always have the hot afternoons in the Dominican. You were worth every peso.

I do want you to know I've been seeing coffee more frequently. Also....this is hard to say...there is a new beverage in my life, Cafe Americano. You need to know it's not the same. They both lack in their ability to refresh. You should know that. You deserve that.

I'll see you around. Stay frosty.

Derek


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Derek! I too have said goodbye to this lifelong friend. But for me, it was DC that ruined it. That said, all is forgiven and I have moved on in happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I've spent considerable time with her big sister, Classic Coke. Classic and classy but not so healthy. They say that breaking up is hard to do. *Giving up* is even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You GUYS are all cracking me up! I will be honest and tell you that I too have had struggles giving up Mt. Dew! You all CAN do it! It will be SO worth it to stay off the stuff!!!

    Great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great breakup notice. Handled the relationship quite well

    ReplyDelete