Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 5 - THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS

Happy Friday everyone! What an amazing week this has been. I am so blessed to be involved in the BMSW3 program, making new friends, pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and accomplishing things I haven't done in a very long time.

I want to give a shout out to our most excellent coaches, trainers, and extended support team. You all rock, and you deserve props in return for the insightful advice and encouragement you offer to each of us, collectively and individually. On behalf of the entire team, I want to say a big Thank You!

Again today, I am feeling absolutely outstanding. I decided last night I would not allow myself to slack off and came in to push myself to practice our walking and exercises. Personally, I am tired of being shaky on my ankles, and in my quads and core. I know my body is more than capable of doing better, and I am being reminded of the Apostle Paul who spoke of disciplining his body and going for the top prize. While I don't know precisely what it is, I know full well that a time is coming when I am going to have to be strong, flexible, and resilient, able to endure some form of challenge(s) that will test me physically and spiritually, and I want to be prepared.

On another front, I look forward to tonight's challenge. Friday nights are historically family night out to eat in our household. And my former path was paved with high calorie, high fat, high carb... well you get the idea. Oley's pizza (double crust), a heaping plate full of Chicken Chow Mein and egg rolls, Chicken Chimichanga's, an equally large serving of Ziano's or Salvatori's Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken... followed by Zesto's!

I don't know, all I know is I am not going to cheat. The cargo I carry in this temple is way too precious to give in to temptation. Jesus encourages us to stay focused on Him, and the best way I find to avoid the temptations is to re-double my "Thanks" to Him for how good He is. Coming into this program, I didn't really have a hard and fast measurable goal, just a desire to improve in the areas noted above. That said, I am already beginning to notice changes in my appetite, stamina, and desires.

Let this be an encouragement to each of you that no matter where you are at on your individual path, remember that God has a plan and purpose for you, not to harm you but to give you a successful journey, and He promises that whatever you set out to do and put your hands to, when you go at it as if doing it for Him directly, He will reward your efforts.

Bless you and have the best weekend ever! I love you all!
Gavin

4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT post, Gavin! Blessing to you on your journey! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep strong in your faith and conviction this weekend. I think we are all finding new paths these days. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post - you have great core strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good seeing you work on your marches when I came over to give tours. The work you put into the program will be rewarded.

    ReplyDelete