Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Speechless

There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of silence.

I can find silence to be uncomfortable and awkward. I find it hard to be still. And silent.

I will cherish the memory of walking into the front room Friday night in my dress for the finale. The room fell silent. It was still. I briefly wondered what was wrong and quickly dismissed the thought.

You see - my family was looking at me in silence - stunned silence. Brianna then said, "You look beautiful mommy". And then they returned to normal. Except I noticed they would steal a peek at me.

I wonder if it will be like that when we see God for the first time? The unveiling will be a stunned silence. And then we will say - You are beautiful, holy, and perfect My Lord. I can only imagine the worship that will commence.

For now - I will remember that being still is positive.

Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Stunned silence is an amazing reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet my family would sit in stunned silence if I walked into the room in a dress, but don't hold your breath. I'm still working at shipping my pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I still had a big belly, the belly laugh I just did would really hurt, Dave!

      Delete