Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Snap, Crackle, Pop! - No Rice Krispies

Yesterday afternoon I was out for a simple afternoon walk around the building.  Right in front of the front door something in my left knee went "pop".  It felt fine when sitting or standing.  It was just changing from one position to another that caused a twinge of pain.  This morning Andreas checked it out.  He thinks that I have a small "floater" of cartilage in my knee.  He thinks that it will settle down within a week.

Man, this close to the end...!  I had been hoping that I could make it to the end of the 12 weeks without injury.  I'm not sure I would call this an injury but maybe an "impediment".  I really want to finish that 10K.  I don't have to run it but I want to go the distance.  Cross your fingers!



3 comments:

  1. Prayers! Hopefully it will settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is anyone among you sick [or injured]? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick [or injured], and the Lord will raise him up...!" (Gavin's paraphrase of James 5:1-14b)

    You are well covered brother! Let not pain nor mechanical defect or dysfunction stand in your way nor hinder your progress as you give honor and praise to God by faith, finishing your race strong, in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete