Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Many injuries, but stronger in Christ!

As a team, we have been experiencing a number of injuries and various setbacks throughout this season, but this I know to be true - God is not the source of our injury and pain, rather He is a very real Help in our time of need.

I have been reminded several times today of what Jesus Himself said in John 10:10 (AMP). This is always my "go to" verse to help me discern whether something is of God, or not:


"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. 
I came that they (YOU) may have and enjoy life, 
and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]."


And from that, my mind is drawn to one of my favorites:

Trust in and rely confidently on the LORD with all your heart 
and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways, know and acknowledge and recognize Him, 
and He will make your paths straight and smooth 
[removing obstacles that block your way].

Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)


If you're interested, here are a couple of awesome (and short) teachings on the important distinction between God's sovereignty and being "in control" that I found very helpful in my studies and strengthening my relationship with Jesus.


1 comment: