Thursday, August 4, 2016

Todays workout and a laugh

I walk into the gym this morning and thinking I am going to join my bum numb friend again. Nope.  Matt & I go and join Andreas in the back of the gym.  This is where things get interesting.  Andreas has me get a giant yellow yoga ball.  While carrying this thing I feel like a big baby walking there ball.  "No, it's my ball and you can't have it turning to my side."  I felt like a caged animal as I saw the others walking around the basketball courts.  This is not in a bad way but it made me chuckle like I am on exhibit.  The reality is we are all on exhibit for everyone and I accept that.

Workout 1 Ball Bridge


Workout 2 Walk Outs






Workout 3 Lower-Ab Crunch


These workouts seem pretty simple and I thought so until I dropped onto it and started doing them.  Oh my was I ever wrong, sure the concept is simple but the muscles it works are intense.  How were my muscles feeling after these workouts. Well....

Yeah thats about right.  I was also sweating buckets, sorry if that is a little gross.  That is the truth of it though.  The best part about these workouts is that there is no pain in my leg from the fracture.  So Andreas knows what he is doing as well as Rick, Tina, and EJ.  Trust the system, follow the system, and the system will pay out.  Do not cheat or try to game it because you will lose it.  The system knows...

If you are looking for a good laugh I highly recommend watching a comedian by the name of John Penitte.  He has one of his stand-ups on Netflix and on YoutTube.  He talks about exercising and working with a nutritionalist.  It is truly funny stuff and not vulgar.  

6 comments:

  1. I never knew you could do so many things on the exercise ball! I have an interesting homework exercise on it. Thanks for the tip on the comedian - I will have to look that up sometime! Great job today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had no idea either. I use to just sit and bounce on it.

      Delete
  2. John Pinette is hilarious! I LOL whenever I hear, think about, or even more fun - imitate - his "Chinese Buffet" skit! Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51rHWly7sHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Get outta line! Get outta line!" One of my favorite comedians may he rest in peace.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. That is what is so great about everyone involved in the program. They know alternative things that can be done so when you are limited you still have no excuse. There is still ways to burn those calories as well as improve your current situation. Keep going because you will be an inspiration for the others with your spirit.

    ReplyDelete