Saturday, August 13, 2016

Successful Test!

It just hit me that my vacation was a challenge. Could I get through a few days without eating out, especially without having access to a microwave? Of course. Just make sure to plan, plan, plan.

However, last night was my first test. My husband, daughter and I went to visit my Grandma-in-law at her retirement community. It was a bit early in the evening, maybe 4:15 p.m. About 5 p.m., Grandma said it was dinner time and could she treat us to dinner. I didn't plan for this or even think about it being a possibility. How could we say no to that kind, generous offer, not to mention spending more time with her? I mouthed something to my husband about it being okay for us to go to dinner and that I wouldn't eat. And down we went. Oops, did I mention that the retirement community has a really nice restaurant? And the closer we were, the better it smelled? Sigh. I had to watch our Grandma eat a delicious looking beef vegetable soup, my daughter eating some tasty chicken strips with mixed veggies and orange jello salad, . . . and my husband eating a mouth-watering Philly Cheese Steak with onion rings. May I say crap??? But those calories, sodium and not-good-for-you fat cried louder and stronger than the smells that reached my nose. Grandma didn't understand why I couldn't find at least something on the menu that I could eat. How do you explain that is not the point right now? I'm sure I could find something that I wouldn't get yelled at too bad for, but I knew I would regret it. And by Monday night, everyone would know that something went wacky over my week at home. On one hand, I can't believe that I stayed strong and stuck to the guidelines. On the other hand, I have to believe that I am strong, more than I realize! I'm proud of myself for keeping my goal in mind: consciously eat healthy, lose the pounds that don't love me, and feel so much better physically and mentally in the end! So did I past test? Awwww, yeah! I gave myself an A++ :)

5 comments:

  1. You are a true warrior, Sarah! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why our program is so much better than the biggest loser. There their environment is completely controlled and then later they have to try to fit into reality. This program you are working with reality from the beginning and having to figure how to live in it. Surprises come up and it is so easy well just this once but that can lead to this twice and so forth. Great job taking control of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give you an A+ too! Good week Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that had to be hard! Great job, and no regrets!

    ReplyDelete