Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Mindful eating...

OMG! I just "mindfully" consumed 2 cups of cubed cantaloupe, and I just have to say: 

SUPER YUM!

God has surely answered my prayers, one of which was a request of the Lord to change my taste buds to find pleasure in eating whole fruits and veggies, and he surely has. My three very favorite snacks right now are seedless green grapes, fresh sliced or cubed cantaloupe, and grape plums. 

Coming out of last night's nutrition class on "mindful eating", I absolutely enjoyed everything about this morning's cantaloupe. The coldness, the texture, the size of the slices, the way the fork feels as it stabs into each piece, and the flavorful sweetness that comes with every bite.

If you have never had this kind of experience with cantaloupe, I wholeheartedly recommend cutting into a fresh one, slicing it carefully into a quart plastic container with a lid, sticking it in the fridge, and bringing it with you the next day with a metal fork. Trust me, you will NOT regret it... No, not even one bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment